Date balls are the perfect afternoon pick-me-up, and these Chocolate Almond Date Balls are my absolute favourite. It only has four ingredients and are so quick and easy to make.
These have become a staple in my fridge for those late afternoons when I crave something sweet. And my little secret, if, like me, you love anything salted caramel, is to use roasted & salted almonds instead of raw or plain roasted. The little addition of salt combined with the caramelly flavour of the dates, all melded together with the chocolate almond butter makes for a droolingly yummy treat.
I love rolling them in coconut, but this is optional. And if you want to add a scoop of protein powder or similar, feel free.
Do let me know if you make these. I’d love to know if you enjoy them as much as I do.
If you like healthy sweet treats, you might want to check out my Super Simple Chocolate Truffles. They’re vegan, dairy and refined sugar-free, but still super decadent and delicious.
Chocolate Almond Date Balls
- 100 grams Medjool Dates Pitted
- 100 grams Roasted Almonds
- 30 grams Chocolate Almond Butter
- 50 grams Desiccated or Shredded Coconut Optional
- Remove the pits from the dates. I prefer to quarter the dates to make processing quicker. Once the pits are removed, ensure that you have 100g of dates
- Add the dates, almonds and chocolate almond butter to a food processor
- Tip: For a salted caramel flavour, use roasted & salted almonds
- Blitz the ingredients until the mixture comes together
- Tip: If the mixture is not binding, add a teaspoon of water or more nut butter until it comes together
- Take a teaspoon size amount of mixture, roll it into a ball, then drop it into the coconut. Roll the ball around in the coconut until covered, then remove and set aside
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture. This recipe makes 12 – 14 date balls, depending on the size
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge