Mediterranean Cheat’s Pizza, the quickest pizza you will ever make. It’s so much quicker than ordering in, and obviously healthier. It’s perfect for lunch, a quick dinner or when unexpected guests pop by. Why is it called a cheat’s pizza you may ask? Well, it’s made with a ready made base and only a few staple ingredients from your pantry and fridge for toppings.
I love Mediterranean flavours, I think that should be obvious by now. So I’ve topped this pizza with olives, sundried tomatoes, pesto and fresh tomatoes seasoned with Mediterranean herbs. Optional extras that I also love and used here, fresh rocket and crumbled feta.
While I love these toppings, feel free to add whatever you love or have at hand.
Choose your favourite pre-made pizza base, Naan breads or other flatbread. The prep literally takes 5 minutes and depending on your choice of base, only around 10 minutes or so to cook.
Do you see now why it’s a cheat’s pizza? 15 minutes and you have a delicious, healthy meal.
While I love making my pizza bases from scratch, it’s not always possible on busy days. I therefore love to keep a few packs of my favourite Naan breads or on the rare occasion, good quality pre-made pizza bases in the freezer. Super convenient.
I usually make this recipe with Naan breads, but since Valentines day is around the corner, I couldn’t resist making a heart shaped pizza base for this occasion. This dish would be an ideal Valentines or date night dish, if you want something super quick but utterly delicious. Pop open a bottle of vino if you wish and you’re set for a lovely meal for two.
Some of you might know that I have been on a mission over the last couple of years to support and create awareness about local retailers and small businesses who might not be aware of. One of my favourite go to online retailers is The Olive Basket. Almost every item used in this dish was supplied by The Olive Basket. Please do check out their amazing curation of local and imported products on their website.
For a different version, check out my Super Quick and Healthy Naan ‘Pizza’.
Mediterranean Cheat’s Pizza
- 2 Large Naan breads, flatbreads or pre-made pizza bases
- ½ Cup Pesto
- 1 Cup Grated Mozzarella
- 200 grams Cherry, Rosa or baby plum tomatoes Sliced
- Mediterranean Herb Mix
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ Cup Sundried Tomatoes Thinly sliced
- ¼ Cup Green Olives Pitted and sliced
- ¼ Cup Calamata Olives Pitted and halved/quartered
- Fresh Rocket to garnish Optional
- Crumbled Feta to garnish Optional
- Preheat the oven as per the instructions on the packaging for your chosen base
- Prepare all your ingredients and divide them in equal quantities
- Spread the bases evenly with pesto, then sprinkle over the grated mozzarella
- Top with the slices of the fresh baby tomatoes, then season them with the herbs, salt and pepper. Next, add the sliced olives and sundried tomatoes
- Bake for the instructed amount of time, until the cheese has melted and the edges of the base are golden
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta and fresh rocket, slice and serve