I love making almost everything from scratch, but life and time don’t always allow for that.
I am sure many of us have found ourselves in the position where we have very short notice to put together a delicious meal for friends or family dropping by. With no time to shop, we usually have to rely on what we already have in the fridge and food cupboard.
This recipe (if you can call it a recipe) was born out of just such an occasion, where I needed a summer’s day dessert a little bit more ‘sophisticated’ than plain vanilla ice cream. Luckily for me I had a tub of good quality vanilla ice cream in the freezer, a jar of pre made lemon curd in the fridge and less than half a pack of Bakers Tennis Biscuits (coconut biscuits) in the cupboard, left of from a cheesecake base I had made a while before.
I do not have an ice cream maker, by the way, although I do like to make my own no churn ice creams on occasion.
This recipe should probably be in my Quick Meals section since it takes around 5 minutes to put together. But for ease of locating it I thought it best to put it under desserts.
Cheats Lemon Curd & Cookie Crumb Ice Cream
- 1 Tub Good quality Vanilla Ice Cream The one I used was a 2L tub
- ½ Jar Good quality Lemon Curd My full jar was 325g
- 4 – 6 Bakers Tennis Biscuits or any bisuits of your choice
- Lemon slices & fresh mint leaves to decorate Optional
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer for a few minutes until scoopable
- Crumble the cookies
- Place half the ice cream in a tub and smooth out with a spoon or spatula
- Dollop over some half the lemon curd and sprinkle over half the cookie crumbs
- Repeat with the other half of the ice cream, lemon curd and cookie crumbs