Two Ingredient Salted Caramel Chocolate Mousse Pots, with Oreo Crumbs and Meringue Ghosts
Happy Monday Friends! Thought I’d share these super easy two ingredient Salted Caramel Chocolate Mousse Pots. That’s right, only two ingredients in this light and fluffy chocolate Mousse. It’s my favourite chocolate Mousse recipe since it’s extremely quick and easy to make. The bonus, you can change up the flavor depending on the chocolate you choose to use. These are literally only Salted Caramel Chocolate and Whipping Cream.
And of course since it’s Spooky Season I couldn’t resist decorating them. Oreo crumbs, meringue ghosts and these adorable little pumpkin decorations adorn the top.
As mentioned, this two ingredient mousse is super versatile. Switch up the chocolate for whatever kind or flavour you’re in the mood for and you’ll have a completely different, but just as delicious dessert. Check out this coffee chocolate flavoured version I made a while back.
And while these Chocolate Mousse Pots do need so set for a couple of hours in the fridge, they are super quick and easy to make. Chopping/grating the chocolate is probably what takes the longest. So all in all I doubt this dessert takes more than around 10 minutes to make before popping it in the fridge to set. So the perfect dessert for when you have guests popping over at short notice.
This recipe makes 4 to 6 portions depending on the size of vessel you choose to serve them in.
Finally, don’t forget to check out my other spooktacular Halloween recipes too.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Mousse Pots
- 200 grams Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate (2x 100g bars) Grated or super finely chopped
- 500 ml Whipping Cream (divided 125ml + 375ml)
- Grate or finely chop your chocolate and place in a medium sized bowl
- Heat 125ml / ½ cup of the cream, either in a small saucepan or in the microwave. It should be very hot but do not boil
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and whisk until all the chocolate is melted and you have a smooth, velvety ganache. Place in the fridge while you whip the rest of the cream
- Add the 375ml / 1½ cups of cream to a bowl and whip until stiff peaks using a hand or stand mixer
- Remove the ganache from the fridge, then add a few large spoons of the whipped cream to the ganache and fold in until combined. Try not to knock out all the air. Repeat with the remaining cream in around two more batches
- When the chocolate and cream is fully incorporated, add the mousse to the ramekins, bowls or cups of your choice. This batch will make 4 to 6 portions depending on the size you choose. If making the coffee mousse, add the reserved cream on top of the mousse
- Cover with plastic wrap or removable lids and place in the fridge to set for at least 2 – 4 hours (or overnight)
- For a Halloween version, serve with Oreo cookie crumbs, meringue ghosts and pumpkin decorations if you wish