Grilled bell pepper salad made with harissa spiced snacking peppers and buffalo mozzarella
These little snacking peppers are perfect for this Grilled Bell Pepper Salad. Spiced with Harissa paste and grilled until they have a slight char, then served on a bed of rocket. I’ve added some baby heirloom tomatoes, nut & seed salad sprinkles and fresh buffalo mozzarella. Drizzle with a little Harissa dressing and serve. It’s delicious as is or with some crusty toasted ciabatta.
The char amplifies the natural sweetness and flavour of the mini peppers in this Grilled Bell Pepper Salad. But if you don’t have a cast iron grill pan, feel free to grill them in the oven. It won’t have the same char but it will still bring out the same amazing flavour.
Feel free to use bocconcini or buratta instead of mozzarella. Or if you prefer, crumbled feta would also work well. And use any salad leaves you prefer. Baby spinach works wonderfully too.
If you can’t find mini / snacking peppers, you can use large bell peppers then cut them into strips.
For more yummy salad ideas, check out the Salad section in my recipes menu. Since these are what I eat almost daily, especially in summer, there are lots of delicious options to choose from.
Grilled Bell Pepper Salad
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil (divided 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp Harissa Paste (divided 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder Optional (fresh garlic will burn)
- ½ tsp Dried mixed herbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 500 grams Mini / snacking Peppers
- 40 grams Wild Rocket
- 100 grams Baby heirloom/exotic Tomatoes
- 35 grams Nut and Seed Salad Sprinkles Use any nut and seed mix you like or create your own
- 150 grams Fresh Mozzarella / Bocconcini / Burrata
- In a bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of harissa paste, the garlic powder and the mixed herbs
- Add the peppers, season with salt and pepper, then toss to coat well
- In a small bowl mix together the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoons of harissa paste for the dressing, then set aside
- Brush the grill pan with a little vegetable oil if needed and heat
- When hot, place the peppers on the grill and cook a few minutes aside until you get some char marks
- To assemble, halve the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper, then add the grilled peppers and tomatoes to a bed of fresh rocket, tear the mozzarella into pieces and scatter, then add the salad sprinkles and drizzle over the harissa and olive oil mixture
- Serve as is or with some crusty, toasted ciabatta bread