Chocolate, Cherry & Pistachio Ice Cream Sandwiches
For all those who need a last minute dessert idea, these Christmase Ice Cream Sandwiches are ideal. Made with Chocolate, Cherries & Pistachios. All my favourites in one simple dessert. Mixed through vanilla ice cream and sandwiched between sugar cookies. It couldn’t be easier. Only 5 ingredients and no baking or cooking required.
And if you want to go over the top, partially dip them in melted chocolate and sprinkle with more chopped pistachios.
As will all my recipes, these Christmas Ice Cream Sandwiches are super versatile. So easy to tailor to your liking or dietary needs. Use vegan biscuits and dairy free ice cream if you wish. And for a gluten free version, either use gluten free biscuits or omit the biscuits totally. This combination mixed through ice cream is super festive and delicious, with or without the cookies.
If you can’t find fresh cherries, feel free to substitute with dried cranberries. Canned cherries don’t work as well, but if you have frozen cherries, those could work too.
Feel free to make these your own. Use whatever chocolate you like and substitute the pistachios with any nut you wish, or omit if you have an allergy.
For more fun and flavour filled festive recipes, pop over to the Christmas section in my recipe menu.
Christmas Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 6 Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream (1 per sandwich + 1 for luck)
- 50 grams Good quality dark chocolate (or chocolate of your choice) Chopped
- 50 grams Roasted Pistachios (shelled) Chopped
- 50 grams Fresh Cherries Pitted and Chopped
- 10 Sugar Cookies/Biscuits
- Tip: 1 scoop of Ice cream + approx. 10 grams of chocolate, cherries and pistachios each per sandwich
- Pit the cherries then chop the cherries, pistachios and chocolate
- Add the ice cream to a bowl
- Then add the chopped ingredients
- Mix well
- Lined a freezer safe dish
- Place in a lined dish and smooth out, freeze for 1 – 2 hours until set
- Use a cookie cutter or similar to cut the ice cream into the same shape and size as the biscuits
- Sandwich the cut ice cream portions between two biscuits each
- Decorate if you wish and freeze until serving
- *Important tip: Keep the ice cream as well as the bowl/dish chilled/frozen between steps to prevent melting
- Note: Substitute the cherries with dried cranberries if you wish