Gingerbread Chocolate Ganache Tart. The crust is made with ginger biscuits, topped with a layer of your favourite caramel or toffee dessert sauce, followed by decadent and velvety chocolate ganache. No baking and only 5 ingredients.
Dessert is obviously for my favourite part of any meal. And since I couldn’t just choose one this year, I will be sharing two super easy options. No baking or cooking required for either.
If like me you love anything Biscoff, I’ve included an option using biscoff biscuits and spread for this Gingerbread Chocolate Ganache Tart too.
For a super similar vegan, dairy, gluten and refined sugar free option, check out my Chocolate & Pomegranate Tart.
Gringerbread Chocolate Ganache Tart
- 250 gram Ginger, gingerbread or Biscoff Biscuits Crushed
- 80 gram Unsalted Butter Melted
- 200 gram Caramel / Toffee Dessert Sauce or Biscoff Spread Optional
- 320 gram Good quality dark chocolate Chopped
- 250 ml Fresh Cream
- Crush the biscuits into a fine crumb using a food processor or rolling pin
- Place the crumbs in a medium bowl and pour over the melted butter. Stir until all the crumbs are well coated
- Add the crumbs to a 20cm tart tin and pack tightly to form an even crust
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Gently spread an even layer of sauce/spread on the bottom of the crust. Place back in the fridge while you make the ganache
- Tip: If the spread or sauce is quite thick, pop it in the microwave oven (in a microwave safe container or bowl of course) and heat for around 10 seconds. This will ensure that it's easily spreadable or even pourable so that you don't damage the crust
- Chop the chocolate and place in a medium sized bowl
- Heat the cream to just before boiling and pour over the chocolate
- Let stand for 3 minutes
- Then mix until smooth and velvety
- Add the ganache to the crust and gently smooth
- Let cool at room temperature for around 30 minutes, then refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight
- Decorate as you wish
- Note: Store in the fridge. Tart also freezes well