It’s nothing new that I live on salads during the summer time. I don’t like a boring salad though and for me it has to include a variety of flavours and textures. I love playing around with different combinations. This Berry & Avocado Salad is a new favourite.
This salad is packed with nutrients. High is healthy fats, antioxidants, iron, fibre, and so much more. But while I love a healthy salad, it still has to be delicious.
I’ve served this Berry & Avocado Salad with hazelnuts, but please feel free to use any nuts of your choice. And for a vegan version, just omit the feta.
I’ve used a very simple basil and balsamic vinegar dressing. Feel free to use any dressing of your choice though.
Berry & Avocado Salad
- 200 grams Salad Leaves I used a mix of Baby Spinach, Rocket and Watercress
- 1 Mediterranean Cucumber (approx. 200grams) Sliced
- 160 grams Fresh Blackberries
- 125 grams Fresh Blueberries
- 1 – 2 Avocado Sliced
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 30 grams Roasted Nuts or Nut and seed sprinkles Roughly chopped
- 50 grams Crumbled Feta, Blue or Goat's Cheese Optional
- 1 Tbsp Fresh basil finely chopped Optional
- 60 ml White Balsamic Vinegar
- 30 ml Extra Virgin Olive oil or Basil Pesto*
- 30 ml Honey
- 1 Tbsp Fresh basil finely chopped If not using Basil Pesto*
- Slice the cucumber then begin layering your salad on a platter or in a salad bowl
- Add the leaves, cucumber and berries, then slice and add the avocado on top. Season with salt and pepper, then top with the nuts, cheese and fresh basil (if using)
- Drizzle with salad dressing
- Combine the ingredients, mix well and drizzle over the salad