I love honey roasted almonds as a snack, and recently bought a pack of my favourite honey & almond rusks, which inspired me to make this Honey Roasted Almond Granola. It’s super yummy. All the same basic ingredients as I usually add, but highlighting these two wonderful ingredients.
There is hardly a day that goes by where I don’t have Granola for breakfast. Since I make my Granola from scratch on a weekly basis, it is hardly ever the same. It has the same core ingredients and quantities, but I almost always change up the nuts or add dried fruit or coconut depending on what I have in the house.
You can serve it with milk, whether dairy or nut milk, or yoghurt if you prefer. And top it with almost any fresh fruit. It pairs well with bananas, berries, apples and even pears.
One of my favourite ways to enjoy this Honey Roasted Almond Granola, and in fact any Granola, is to sprinkle some on pancakes or over plain ice cream. It adds such a yum crunch factor. Add a drizzle of your favourite sauce or nut butter and you have the perfect Ice Cream Sundae.
Granola also works a treat as a topping for a quick fruit desserts, like my Maple Baked Pears or my Grilled Cinnamon Maple Peaches. It also a perfect topping for mini single serve crumbles. If you’d like me to share a recipe for these quick single serve crumbles, I’d be happy to do so. They are the perfect minimal ingredient, quick and easy, mid-week dessert. Although I must admit since it’s warm it’s probably best as a winter dessert.
Honey Roasted Almond Granola
- 4 Cups Rolled Oats*
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar** Optional
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ Cup Coconut oil, melted***
- ½ Cup Honey
- ½ Cup Flaked or shredded Raw Almonds
- ½ – 1 Cup Honey Roasted Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 150°C and prepare a large baking tray (I like to line mine with a silicone baking mat for ease of cleaning but this is not essential. Go without or use baking paper or foil)
- In a large bowl, mix the rolled oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Then add the honey to the melted coconut oil and pour over the oats. Stir to ensure all the oats is coated, then add the Raw Almonds to the mixture and stir through (the honey roasted almonds will be added after baking as they are already roasted)
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tray and spread to form an even layer
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then remove from the oven, give it a good stir, spread out again, then bake for another 15 minutes. Depending on your oven, and how golden and crunchy you like your Granola, you might want to remove it at this stage. I baked mine for an additional 10 minutes after stirring the second time
- When your Granola is the colour you like remove from the oven, add the Honey Roasted Almonds, stir through and let cool on the baking tray
- Once completely cooled, store in an airtight jar or container