Looking ahead to Heritage Day, or otherwise known as Braai Day, this coming Friday, I thought I’d share this quick and easy recipe for S’mores Bites. They’re super fun to make, and eat, for the whole family. And as they’re made in the oven, it won’t be ruined by bad weather on the day.
Only 4 ingredients and a few minutes to bake, this is a great one to get the kiddos involved.
Head over to my Instagram account where I’ve posted a short reel of the steps.
These have been made with De Villiers Chocolate’s Sea Salt and Caramel Milk Chocolate. Don’t forget, for 15% off your purchase of De Villiers chocolate click on the link below and use the code MYHOMEMADEKITCHEN at checkout
De Villiers Chocolate Link
Full recipe below
- 100 grams Digestive or tennis biscuits Crushed
- 50 grams Unsalted Butter Melted
- 1 Bar of Chocolate
- 12 Marshmallows Halved
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Spray a mini muffin tin (or standard size if you don't have a mini) with non stick cooking spray or muffin liners*
- Crush the biscuits (by hand in a zip lock bag with a rolling pin or in a food processor) until a fine crumb, then melt the butter and mix it through the crumbs until well coated
- Place a teaspoon or two of mixture into each muffin hole and stamp it down to create a compact crust. You can use the back of a spoon or a small glass like I did
- Place a square of chocolate onto each cookie base, then top with half a large marshmallow (double up on the chocolate for larger bites and use a full marshmallow)
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, until the marshmallow softens and puffs up or until it starts getting a golden colour (as per your preference)
- Let cool in the tin for 5 – 10 minutes then remove and serve**