With Nougat Cookie Chunks
My favourite Salted Caramel Nougat Cookies were the inspiration for this ice cream. Just a few simple ingredients and you have the most delicious smooth and creamy Salted Caramel Ice Cream with crunchy cookie chunks and chewy honey nougat bits. It’s an absolute treat for those with a sweet tooth.
No fancy equipment needed, this is a no churn ice cream recipe and literally takes around 10 minutes to prepare. I did make the Salted Caramel Sauce from scratch though which I’ve linked here. Feel free to make it in advance or use your favourite shop bought sauce.
The cookies and nougat I used in this recipe are from Wedgewood, one of my absolute favourite local Nougat brands. If you can’t find them though feel free to substitute.
Salted Caramel Ice Cream with Nougat Cookie Chunks (No Churn)
- 2 Cups Fresh Whipping Cream
- 1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (385g)
- ¼ Cup Salted Caramel Sauce* *Link Below
- 100 grams Salted Caramel Nougat Biscuits (approx. 10 biscuits) roughly chopped
- 50 grams Nougat roughly chopped
- Chop your biscuits and nougat and set aside
- In a medium bowl with a hand mixer or using a stand mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks
- In a separate large bowl, mix the condensed milk and salted caramel sauce until well combined (I reserve a little caramel sauce to drizzle on top at the end. This is optional)
- Gently fold the condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream, a bit at a time, and trying not to remove all the air you have whipped into the mixture. Do not over mix
- For the final few folds, add most of the chopped cookies and nougat (reserving a little to sprinkle on top. Optional) and mix through
- Pour the mixture into your container. Sprinkle and drizzle over the reserved bits if using, then place the lid on and place in the freezer for at least 6 – 8 hours, or preferably overnight, to set