I’m a huge sucker for Rice Krispie Treats. They are so super quick and easy and I absolutely love the crunch factor. It isn’t a holiday for me without some version of these yummy treats so I decided to make these Speckled Egg Rice Krispie Treats, adorned with oodles of sprinkles and dotted with chocolate bunnies.
Feel free to just cut them into squares, or go all out with the Easter shapes using your cookies cutters. Whichever way you choose, these are super easy and the kiddos will love them.
Speckled Egg Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 Cups Rice Krispies
- 2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Tbsp Butter or coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 1 – 1½ Cups Speckled Eggs I used a variety of mini & small
- Sprinkles Optional
- Mini chocolate bunnies Optional
- Place the speckled eggs and chocolate bunnies if using into the freezer for around 30 minutes while preparing the rest of the ingredients. This will help them not to melt when added to the melted marshmallows
- Measure out your ingredients and coat a 30 x 20 cm (approx) baking dish as well as a spatula with cooking spray and set aside. I like to line the bottom with baking paper as well just to ensure it comes out easily
- In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat, then add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted
- Remove from the heat and add in the rice krispies and stir, then add the speckled eggs and sprinkles. Stir to combine, but work quickly as not to melt the eggs. Add the mixture into the prepared baking dish
- Using the cooking spray coated spatula or buttered fingers, evenly press the mixture into the baking dish
- Place in the fridge for 1-2 hours until set. Remove from the dish and cut into the desired shapes. I used a large egg shaped cookie cutter, but squares work great too