With only 3 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time, this Cherry Sorbet recipe is sure to become your new favourite summer go-to dessert.
I much prefer a dairy-free, or even dairy substitute free, sorbet as I find them the most refreshing, so this recipe is ideal. This recipe is also super versatile as you can substitute the cherries for any frozen fruit.
I have an ice cream maker, so have used it for this sorbet but it is not essential as the blending of the frozen fruit gives a wonderful texture already. I have included instructions for both though.
Please read the recipe notes, especially as it pertains to the sugar in this recipe.
3 Ingredient Cherry Sorbet (VG, DF)
- 500 grams Frozen Cherries, pitted
- ¼ Cup Castor Sugar*
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- Place a freezer safe bowl in the freezer to chill
- Add the cherries, sugar and lemon juice to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth (If the mixture is too thick and won't blend, add a tablespoon of water at a time until the desired consistency is reached)
- Note: If you have an ice cream maker, pour the blended mixture into it and churn according to the maker's instructions. You want a soft serve consistency. If you do not have an ice cream maker, skip to the next step
- Add the blended/churned mixture to your freezer safe bowl, cover and freeze for 6 – 7 hours