While there are so many delicious and healthy granolas available to buy, I always prefer making my own. It’s so easy and quick and you can literally make so many variations with the same basic recipe.
For this version I used honey, plump dried Turkish apricots and pistachios. What a delicious combination. The recipe is completely vegan so you can serve it with your choice of dairy or non-dairy milk or yoghurt.
Apricot, Pistachio & Honey Granola
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- ½ Cup Pistachios (raw shelled)
- ¼ Cup Coconut Flakes Optional
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Dash of ground all spice Optional
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Brown sugar Optional depending on how sweet you like it
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 2 Tbsp Coconut or Vegetable Oil If using coconut oil, melt for a few seconds in the microwave oven to become liquid
- ½ Cup Dried Apricots (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 150°C and line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or baking paper
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl (except for the dried apricots which go in after baking) and mix until evenly coated
- Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway. Baking time will depend on your oven and how crunchy you like your granola. Take care not to let the edges burn
- Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet. It will become more crunchy as it cools. Stir in the chopped dried apricots
- Store in an airtight container & Enjoy!