This is probably my favourite recipe category on my blog. Even though my cooking style is to make meals that are super easy and quick to make, as I hate slaving over a hot stove, this is the section where you will find most of my ‘hacks’. And by ‘hacks’ I mean the tried and tested pre made items I buy and use in my cooking. Yes, I put in a lot of effort to make most things from scratch, however when I find an ingredient/item which is healthy, packed full of goodness and minus a ton of preservatives and ingredients I can’t pronounce, that will also make my life a little easier, you can bet that I’m going to use them. And I will definitely share these.
In our effort to eat cleaner I have done a lot of research into items and ingredients I can trust. I also love supporting local producers and suppliers who have the same ethos I do. So while mentioning these will help those local to me (although most of these ship nationwide), it will hopefully encourage others not close by to do the same in their area and find trusted sustainable local producers that you could support.
I do not currently have a stand mixer or food processor, so you will see me using some items that are a real hassle to make without one. When it comes to hummus and pestos, I only use one brand, Pesto Princess. For my nuts and seeds I use Fresch, and all my fresh produce and pre made naan breads come from Woolworths (this post is not sponsored by any of the brands I mention, but I do so in an effort to help those who don’t know where to start. In time, I will compile a list, with website links, of my favourite trusted local producers and suppliers)
I don’t think I have stopped making these delicious naan ‘pizzas’ since I discovered them. They are so quick, under 10 minutes, and perfect for lunch, dinner or when friends pop over unexpectedly. They are also super versatile. You could literally add any topping you’re in the mood for or have in the house.
Super Quick and Healthy Naan ‘Pizza’
- 2 Heat & Eat Naan Breads
- ¼ Cup Hummus
- 1 Cup Mixed or micro greens
- 10 Baby Tomatoes of choice Halved (I used a mix of heirloom/exotic tomatoes)
- 2 Tbsp Crumbled Feta
- 2 Tbsp Nut & Seed Sprinkles (On this occasion I used the salad sprinkle mix from Woolworths)
- 8 Calamata Olives Halved
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- When hot, place the two naans on a wire rack over a baking sheet. This aids in making it slightly crispy instead of soft. Bake for 5-8 minutes
- While the naans are in the oven, halve the tomatoes and olives and crumble the feta
- Remove the naans from the oven and divide the hummus between the two, spreading evenly
- Place on your greens and halved tomatoes and sprinkle them with a little salt & pepper if you wish. Add the olives and sprinkle over the feta and nut & seed sprinkles
- Serve and enjoy