Spread some love with these super quick and easy Rice Krispie Valentine’s Hearts.
If you know me then you know that that I can find any excuse for a celebration. But I especially love going all out for holidays and special occasions. I have to admit that it’s probably just a very good excuse for me to play around with food. So I’m having some fun with a selection of sweet treats inspired by the month of love.
I’m a huge sucker for Rice Krispie Treats. For some extra Valentine’s flair, I’ve dipped these in ruby chocolate and adorned them with heart shaped sprinkles. Perfect for those who love the crunch factor.
Rice Krispie Valentine’s Hearts
- 3 Cups Rice Krispies
- 2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Tbsp Butter or coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- Sprinkle of Coarse Salt Optional
- 1 Bar Chocolate Optional
- Sprinkles Optional
- Measure out your ingredients and coat a square or rectangular (approx. 30 x 20cm) baking dish as well as a spatula with non stick cooking spray and set aside
- In large saucepan, melt the butter over a low to medium heat, then add the mini marshmallows and stir until completely melted
- Remove from heat and immediately add the rice krispies and stir until well coated
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Then using the cooking spray coated spatula or buttered fingers, evenly press mixture into the dish to compact and smooth out the top. Sprinkle with a little coarse salt if desired
- Place in the fridge for 1-2 hours until set
- Loosen the sides and remove from the baking dish, then cut into the desired shapes. I used a large heart shaped cookie cutter for this Valentine's version
- If decorating with chocolate, melt the chocolate bar in a bowl over boiling water or in the microwave oven. Dip the corners of the treats in the chocolate and place on wax or baking paper or a silicone mat to set. Cover the melted chocolate with sprinkles if desired while still wet
- Leave to set in a cool area or in the fridge before serving