As mentioned in one of my previous recipes, I love to use what I have in my food cupboard. Especially for my staple recipes. This Pecan Maple Granola is my staple breakfast in the summer months. And while I adore the original listed below, I change it up regularly depending on what I have in my cupboard at the time. The basics and amounts stay the same, but the nuts vary often and sometimes I use a variety when I have little bits of different nuts to use up. I also sometimes add dried fruit after the cooking time to change it up a bit and if I’ve run out of maple syrup, which I adore, I use honey.
These are definitely my favourite types of recipes. Versatile and adaptable.
Speaking of versatile, I also love to use this Pecan Maple Granola as a quick crunchy topping for desserts. Such as on top of some plain vanilla ice cream or some maple or honey baked pears.
I will very likely be posting some alternate versions of this Granola, so keep an eye out, but please feel free to let me know how you like to change it up or if you enjoy the original.
Please always read my recipe notes for alternatives or optional extras, as well as the occasional time saving hack.
Pecan Maple Granola
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- ½ Cup Coconut Flakes Optional
- ½ Cup Pecan Pieces*
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar Optional depending on how sweet you like your granola
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Coconut or Vegetable Oil If using coconut oil, melt for a few seconds in the microwave to liquify
- Preheat the oven to 150°C and line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or baking paper
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, and mix until evenly coated
- Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway. Baking time will depend on your oven and how crunchy you like your granola. Take care not to let the edges burn
- Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet. It will become more crunchy as it cools
- Store in an airtight container & Enjoy!